Monday, September 24, 2012

Emmy Red Carpet Recap

I enjoyed so many of the fashions that dazzled on the Emmy red carpet last night! There were not too many shockers or mishaps,  but I did seem to suffer from a little double vision. I decided to depict the duplicates and as always bring it full circle back to bridal.

For my first duel, I chose a couple of stand outs in a hi-low skirt and print. The effortless and youthful hemline is perfect for showing confidence in your style....and some beyond fabulous shoes!


Getty Images


The bridal version of this timeless trend is a gown that has received a HUGE amount of press from the Fall 2012 collection of  Hayley Paige's Jim Hjelm Blush. "Lilac" is oh, so lovely.




Another stand off is the one shoulder trend. Created with a a modern update, this style is universally flattering and amps up the glam factor in a big way.

Getty Images


Watters has both a bridesmaids and bridal version of this look, proving once again that this bridal powerhouse is never one to shy away from a red carpet trend. "Bria" is offered at amazing price point for the bride that doesn't want to compromise fashion for a realistic budget and their bridesmaids frock in French Vanilla is stunning!! 




Manipulated tulle is a perfect way to enhance curves and flatter all figures. These two gowns are proof that this designer technique, when done properly, creates tailored perfection. 

Getty Images


Monique Lhuillier designed Padma's orange frock, and has really put her signature stamp on this style. Thankfully, she did not think that bridesmaids should suffer from sans styling any longer. Her tulle dresses in perfect shades of stone rocked my socks off in New York and I cannot wait to get them on the salon showroom floor!




Pocket perfection!! These two looks jumped up to a "10" in the adorable category the second that these starlets struck a pose with their perfectly manicured paws tucked away in their full skirts' hidden pockets. 

Getty Images


It's nothing new, but pockets in any bridal gown instantly make the style more fresh and youthful.  This Fall 2012 Lazaro proves my point perfectly! 



My next two comparisons are a little more lighthearted, and without a doubt give away the fact that I have a 3 year old little girl, when immediately these cartoon images popped in my head when I saw these beauties step foot onto the red carpet. 

Getty Images, Disney Images

Getty Images, Disney Images


Now for my two stand out favs of the evening: 

Edie Falco has NEVER looked more gorgeous than when she strutted down the carpet last night in this body conscience number. I am a HUGE fan of a waist highlighting belt in any and all occasions, and even more a fan of combining a little edge with impeccable tailoring. All and all making this a top pick for the evening. Oh, and have I mentioned that those earrings are from our own beloved Kendra Scott?!?! Kudos!!

Getty Images


My wildcard of the night goes to the beyond funny femme, Kristin Wigg. This boho gown is  beyond beautiful. She loves to play off of her creamy skin tone with neutral palettes like this one, and for me, she nailed it. Her thin frame is perfect for the smaller proportioned bodice and sheer neckline. The look is effortless and as my daughter would say, "eazy peezy," and I dig it.

Getty Images

No comments: